Thursday, February 9, 2012

Thursday Tidbits

I'm not gonna lie, I'm over Law & Order. I'm especially over SVU.  But I totally love the sound of "Bum Bum" between scenes.  I think everyone knows when we are about to hear that sound effect.  Most of us (or maybe it's just me) make the sound effect with the TV. 

But, before you think this is a hater post, I have to say that I saw comedian John Mulaney on Conan two weeks ago and he really made me laugh when he talked about Law & Order SVU. I thought he was so funny that I have to share the video clip with you here. Spoiler Alert: As the Soda Fountain photo implies (found and posted on Pinterest), Ice-T gets more than an honorable mention.

8 comments:

  1. Totally plan on linking up tomorrow!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seriously love that 'bum, bum' sound!

    x Jasmine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wouldn't be fun if we had sound effect contraptions we could carry around for our own sound effects. Like when my boss schedules a meeting with me and I go into her office and before I close the door I hit the "Bum Bum" sound. Or the camera sound on NCIS. :)

      Delete
  3. I love the idea of a portable sound effect machine, Kimberly - ha! I'm in your group in the Platform-Building Campaign and just wanted to stop by and say hello.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my goodness, I love John Mulaney! Did you see his stand up special the other night on Comedy Central? It was awesome. Hope to see so much more from him!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, I saw him on Conan and he was promoting his Comedy Central gig. But I missed the thing on Comedy Central. This bit he did on Conan was the first I saw him. And he is hilarious!

      Delete

I love comments. They make me very happy. Thanks for making me happy today!