Thursday, February 26, 2015

Snow Storm of 2015...

Do you remember last year? We called it the Snow Storm of 2014. You may remember I got stranded. 

That's my cute little car I left behind when it was clear I wasn't going to make it out of that neighborhood until the ice melted. Yeah...good times!

I was convinced we wouldn't see the snow this year. (Wishful thinking?) But, alas, snow and ice we have seen. The good news is that each day the snow started to fall before I had left the house for work. We had a snow day last week and a day that started at 10:00.  Tuesday I decided to use a vacay day rather than risk the crazy drive. Yesterday we started at 10:00.  (See a theme?) Today our office message said our office would open at 10:00. There was 6 inches of snow on the ground. But I live close to a main road...and I knew that once I was on that I should be fine. Tomorrow is more likely to be icy...and I'd rather drive in snow. 

So, off I went to the office. The road had been cleared and was mostly okay, though I'm really lucky that there were not many cars on the road. When I was about 2 miles from the office I noticed that street lights were out and there were no lights at the mall. It occurred to me that we might not have power. 

Yep! Got to the office. I was the only one there. I checked my phone and there was a message that the office is now closed due to no power. 

What are ya gonna do?

I turned around and came back home. I didn't have a problem until I got to our parking lot. Specifically, the parking space I tried to reclaim. Tires began to spin out. So, I called my husband to come help. He got it in the space. He made it look easy. Whew. Been home drinking hot tea and having a grilled cheese sandwich for lunch and just enjoying the day.

But the story doesn't end there. Just a few minutes ago we got a knock on our door. A neighbor came to tell us that we had left the car's headlights on. Yeah, like four hours ago! Jordan was a trooper and went out to turn them off and start the car to make sure the battery wasn't dead. 

Lessons? I am incredibly lucky and thankful for friends and neighbors.  

Stay safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. They make me very happy. Thanks for making me happy today!