Thursday, December 31, 2015

Happy New Year's Eve!



I love new beginnings and fresh starts. Of course, the new year is obviously the opportunity to focus on new starts. I also enjoy taking the time to review last year's experiences. When I was younger I focused on the year's accomplishments. Now that I'm older I prefer to measure my life in terms of deepened relationships and things I had the opportunity to experience and learn. 

I've had so many amazing experiences. When I look back I can't help but feel incredibly grateful. There is value in reflection. There is power in it. Looking at a larger time frame helps me to see that for the most part my life is good. 

I'm like everyone else, I have good days and bad days. I have sad days too. But, when I look at a year, the day to day hurts and disappointments don't seem nearly as big as they did in the moment. 

Looking back, I am reminded that heartbreaks heal and moments of despair likely will not last. This Year-End recap helps me take the time to appreciate my blessings. 

Wishing you the cheeriest of New Year's! 





Below are the Year in Review cards from prior years.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. They make me very happy. Thanks for making me happy today!