Saturday, August 20, 2016

Another Blanket

I made another blanket. This one was also inspired by a Pinterest Pin.
Crochet

This one is based on the "Rainbow Dash Baby Blanket" pattern from Beatrice Ryan Designs. Check out her pin here.

I saw the pattern and was inspired. I wanted to do something with bright contrasting colors, so I started with navy and added hot pink, a bright green and yellow.

CrochetThe dash/stripes are easier to make than I expected. I love the concept. 

You'll notice that I did not carry the stripes all the way through. I found that my hand got tired when I was making that portion of the blanket. So I broke up the piece with a modified granny pattern (my own invention).
I really enjoyed working with these colors and I like the final product. It's nice a "cushy". It's cuddly.

It was a little smaller than I intended at 24 x 36 inches. The yarn tightened as I worked, which caused the 24 inches in width. That seems to be a reflection of how I work...kind of tight.



The only way to expand the width would be to add larger borders which I thought would change the look I wanted. So, I'm living with the 24 by 36. It is a baby blanket after all. Only thing? I don't have anyone to give this one to. And my husband so loves it, he doesn't want me to give it away. So, for the time being, I'm calling it a "lap blanket". 


Baby Blanket





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. They make me very happy. Thanks for making me happy today!