Monday, October 22, 2012

Jacob Makes Me Smile

I haven't done a Jacob post in quite a while. Those are fun, aren't they? Well, because Jacob is so much a part of our life, I figure I need to give you some Jacob cuteness today.

Yes, he CAN see. He just doesn't look as coifed as a poodle normally does. He looks like that sheepdog on Looney Toons, doesn't he? Let me assure you that the hair "in his eyes" does not prevent him from seeing every person that walks anywhere near our house (even across the street on the sidewalk). Jacob whines and sings for every person that passes by.

Jordan and I are working on teaching Jacob the command "Quiet". He gets the fact that he can't whine while we are eating. And he often gets a morsel if we are able to tell him "Good Quiet". But...translating "quiet" to what some dogs would label "watchdog activities" just hasn't happened.

True story: Last year my Sissy and her husband kept Jacob while Jordan and I were on a trip. They have a wonderful front porch with rockers. And Sissy tells me that on one weekend morning she and her man were enjoying coffee and the paper on the front porch. They thought...let's bring Jacob out too...he can enjoy the cool morning air. You know, they probably never noticed how many people either walked by or drove by on a normal weekend morning...that is UNTIL Jacob cried and shivered and whimpered and howl/sang with every passerby. Finally, Sissy's husband was like: "I gotta take him inside...this is freakin' embarrassing".  {Yeah, I feel ya!}

This weekend Jordan and I went out for brunch and Jacob got to come along. We parked in the shade with the windows down and the temp was a very cool breezy autumn temp. It's nice when the weather allows us to take Jacob more places. Funny thing: When we got back to the car there was a cookie wrapper (empty) in the driver's seat! Yep...Jacob got him some cookies.

The sweet little guy is upstairs with me "keeping me company". I can hear his soft snores. Sometimes his little feet move and he whimpers as he chases rabbits...though, he never seems to catch them.

10 comments:

  1. My fur baby makes me smile too! So stinking big. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fur babies can be so cute! Even when they are "bad" they can be cute. :)

      Delete
  2. Very cute! I can't imagine my life without my dogs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean. And when we go out of town...and can't take him, we miss him so much.

      Delete
  3. Love his hair in his eyes, So cute! We have an australian shepherd. She herds everything and everyone. Pets are so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is cute when he's scruffy. :) But so pretty when he's cleaned up. I've heard Australian Shepherds are incredibly smart. The herding thing is cool...unless you are being herded. :)

      Delete
  4. Thank you for stopping by and for following!

    Abigail K

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. They make me very happy. Thanks for making me happy today!