Sunday, October 21, 2012

I'm worried...

This is a quick post to tell you I'm worried. Here are the things that are worrying me:
1. My knee is tender and swollen. I am worried that this will cause a problem next weekend.
2. Next weekend: Daughter walks for the Avon Breast Cancer Awareness walk. I'm worried about her injuring herself because she now has shin splints.
3. I'm worried that I won't be strong enough for the crew member task I signed up for. My partner is a fella....so maybe it is going to require the strength of a guy(?).
4. My asthma is still being a big pain! I have to use my rescue inhaler almost every day.
5. OMG...we are going to be out of town next weekend (for the Walk) and we have not made dog care reservations!
6. I'm not getting enough sleep. This is a problem.  And...this list is keeping me up tonight. 
So...that cupcake? Yeah, cupcakes make everything better. Tomorrow (Sunday) I need to find me a cupcake and eat it with abandon.

8 comments:

  1. I hope everything will be fine with you and no more worries. Anyway, I'm your new follower from the That Friday Blog Hop. Would love if you can return the favor. Have a great day!

    http://www.akachymecindy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by and the well wishes. :)Thanks also for the follow. I'm checking out your blog now. :)

      Delete
  2. Speaking with experience, having just had knee issues, elevate & ice it as often as you can. I also found that wrapping it with an ace bandage when I have to be up and about really makes it feel better. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good advice. I did quite a bit of ice on Saturday and elevation Sunday & today (not so much yesterday). I love the idea of the ace bandage. i will get that for my crew work on Saturday. :)

      Delete
  3. Cupcakes certainly help. Especially cupcakes with pink icing. You have a lot to do. I suggest, focus on the things that need doing - including resting your knee. Don't forget to ask for help when you need it. And wear pink at the walk. Thank your daughter for doing that. Have a great time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the encouragement. I've been resting (and icing) the knee. I also let the director of the walk know that I needed to be re-assigned to a different task (I shared my knee and back issues). She was absolutely wonderful! I've got a different assignment (Rest Stop). I think this will be a better fit. I am terribly proud of my daughter. I'm proud of her for the walk but also for the incredible amount of work and boldness to ask for and raise the minimum funds to participate. (She's in her early 20s).

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Right! --Either cupcakes or dark chocolate. :)

      Delete

I love comments. They make me very happy. Thanks for making me happy today!