Sunday, September 16, 2012

Promises of Fall

Sometimes I get the Sunday Blues. I don't know if I've written about this before. 
I don't really know what causes it. 
I suppose it's knowing that my weekend is almost over. 
My time that  I feel the most like me is coming to a close. I often feel that I didn't squeeze every drop of potential out of my weekend.
On Sunday evenings, 
I begin to feel blue that my time is almost up. 

I remember getting the Sunday blues even when I was in grade school. Almost like a let down after birthday presents have been opened at a birthday party. The feeling that the party is almost over and it's almost time to go home.

I'm writing this on a Sunday early evening...but the good news is right this very minute I do not have the blues. I'm sitting here sort of holding my breath and thinking "How about that. No blues." And I wonder why that is. Why no blues? Perhaps it is because I feel completely relaxed at this very moment. Completely at peace with the fact that I did everything I wanted to do and nothing I didn't want to do. {Emphasis on nothing I didn't want to do...maybe?} I did not do any chores...not that I really ever do chores...I have the best Hubby in the world that shoulders so many of the chores that I don't enjoy. 
Another wonderful thing about this day is the weather and the sounds of nature just outside my window. Yesterday was lovely too. A blue sky day. Breezy with the fresh feeling cooling weather. Delightful. I spent quite a lot of time out in the Sun Room with the windows open watching birds at our feeders while I played with my own birds

I can only guess that there are no blues today because I am completely and blissfully happy in THIS very moment. I content. I am loving the promise of Fall.

16 comments:

  1. Ah! I completely understand the Sunday blues... I have them right now... because I have not accomplished everything I wanted to, and the thought of finishing it all in the next few hours is daunting...

    I do love when the weekends end on a peaceful note. Enjoy your contentedness!

    And I can't wait for fall! Your photos make me long for it all the more...

    p.s. loved the writing too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you came by. Thank you so much for your comments. They mean a lot to me.

      Delete
  2. I understand the Sunday Blues, though mine are slightly different because I don't go in on Monday until most people are thinking about leaving...but your pictures make your falls look so nice!

    Katie @ Horrific Knits

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by. So glad you enjoyed the photos.

      Delete
  3. I have had the Sunday blues today, too. Your lake is so pretty. Gorgeous photography in this post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for coming by. I'm so glad you like the photography. Most are mine. The boats (and the pic of me) are by my husband. He has been a wonderful teacher.

      Delete
  4. Lovely pictures.

    I get the Sunday blues. They're not as bad as they used to be when I HATED my job, but I still wish weekends were longer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't get them as often as I used to either. (which is a good thing. :))
      So glad you stopped by.

      Delete
  5. Yay! That's awesome! I get the Sunday blues too, so I know exactly what you are talking about! I think being in a place that you love and doing things that relax you really help!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you about things to do to limit Sunday blues. I think routines help me too. Though I resist them. :)

      Delete
  6. I can totally relate to the "Sunday blues." I actually used to get them pretty bad until my Dad told me, "Sundays are what you make of them." I think this is so true! If you treat the day just like any other day you will forget it's Sunday all together and enjoy it! I've learned to really enjoy Sunday evenings now ;) Thanks so much for linking up with us! Enjoy your NEW week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing. I love what your Dad said about Sundays being what you make them. I do enjoy a good Sunday. Especially good Fall Sundays. :) I want to focus on the enjoyment part. :)

      Delete
  7. I read an article once and this is very common. I forgot what they call it (??) Some people actually start getting the blues on Friday because they are thinking about having to get all the stuff done through the weekend before they go back to work on Monday. I'm glad you found some time to reflect on the gorgeous outside and you were able to enjoy the sun room.

    Irish
    Dedicated2life.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your comment inspired me to do more research. I didn't realize so many people had similar experiences. I felt validated that it wasn't just me by comments here...but since I looked at some articles (today) there's a lot of Psych write ups about the phenomenon. I'm pretty happy that these blues have abated for me for quite some time.

      Delete
  8. I know what ya mean. Lovely pictures!

    Bobi
    http://westernwarmth.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by and the comment. :)

      Delete

I love comments. They make me very happy. Thanks for making me happy today!