Sunday, July 31, 2016

Making a Blanket

Hello, Blog World. Just stopping by to give you a sense of what I've been up to. I've been on PINTEREST a lot.  Like a lot, a lot. I got inspired by the pin below to actually make a blanket.

A co-worker is having a baby girl and the office gave her a baby shower. Thanks to my time spent on Pinterest I had an idea for a gift. See the pin below:


If you would rather just go straight to the blog it is Jamey's Dabbles & Babbles. I knew I wanted to make this type of blanket. I decided I wanted to use pink, yellow, and grey. I had an image of soft grey and pink together. 

I did indeed make the blanket but I made several changes to the actual pattern. I love the idea of a blanket that makes up quickly. I decided to use triple crochet in several places in addition to double crochet. The whole idea of this blanket is to crochet with three yarns together at the same time. This makes for a nice thick bulky blanket. 

I decided after a couple of rows that the gray yarn I picked was overpowering the pink and yellow. So, I decided to use the gray mainly as a border. I still used it on rows with either pink or yellow. I decided that the color along with a single color wasn't too overwhelming. 

I am sharing photos of this blanket. I realize now that I should have taken photos on a different chair. The green chair makes the blanket look a little green as well.


If I were to make it again I would do a couple of things differently.  

I haven't made a gift for someone in a long time. I was very nervous about giving this one. Luckily three of my friends gave me their seal of approval before the day of the shower. One thing I really liked about the blanket is how cushy cozy it is.

It was fun to make and it made me want to make something else.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. They make me very happy. Thanks for making me happy today!