Monday, December 19, 2016

Just so you don't think that Jacob is being neglected. Although...his grooming is way past due. But, there is a reason for that.


Jacob turned 8 years old in earlier this year. Eight! My daughter's dog turned 10 in May.

There he is below. How cute is he?
Winston is a Japenese Chin. Because of his short snout when he sneezes it is a reverse sneeze. This summer Winston was sicker than he has ever been. It started out as an ear infection and then moved to both ears. He couldn't keep his balance and you could tell he felt kind of drunk like he had vertigo. I kept him one weekend while he was sick. He had good moments and bad ones. When he didn't' feel well he just sort of cried. Several vet visits and antibiotics later, Winston recovered.

After Winston's weekend with us, Jacob began to reverse sneeze. Honestly, he learned it from Winston. Only when Jacob does it sounds like a major asthma attack.

Last week we had to buy a cone of shame for Jacob. He gave himself a hot spot and the cone is the only way to have him leave it alone. The hot spot isn't completely healed yet, so I've been hesitant to get him groomed. But now I'm feeling like a neglectful dog mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. They make me very happy. Thanks for making me happy today!