Sunday, March 18, 2018

Saint Patrick's Day Weekend


Hello. I have had a lot going on...and no energy to write. I actually wasn't sure if I would come back to write. But, here I am.

I decided to come back to wish everyone a Happy Saint Patrick's Day weekend. I love the fun, green celebrations. 

Yesterday I went to the Symphony's Celtic Music Celebration. Not my typical venue. The Symphony promised bagpipes and Irish dancers. I wanted the Irish and Scottish music to transport me to a happy place. It did not.

I'm still glad I went. It helped me be brave and do something new while being alone. I navigated a city that I am very unfamiliar with. I had to find parking with the additional challenge of full lots because of the Paddy Day Parade. 

The symphony featured Irish dancers and I truly enjoyed the opportunity to see them. I had an amazing seat. The bagpipes did not come to the show until after the intermission. I would have been happy if the entire show had featured bagpipes. 

The show was nice enough, though a little cheesy for my taste. My vision was that I would be transported by the music to another, happy place. Live music can do that. But, this show did not do that for me. It may have been my state of mind. 

The truth is, I have had a distracted, somewhat melancholy state of mind. I was hoping that my venture out would reinforce the idea that I can experience happy things on my own. 

I'm still learning how to live this life. Some days are harder than others.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. They make me very happy. Thanks for making me happy today!