Sunday, April 22, 2012

A Weekend at Home

These wonderful roses came from our yard!  The Hubs and I are thrilled.  Thrilled, I tell you! Aren't they lovely? The Hubs and I picked out some really great bright colorful roses to be planted in our rose garden. On another day I'll share a pic of the actual rose garden.  --For now, think "White House" Rose Garden.

When we purchased our home there was an existing rose garden. It brought us great joy.  The flowers to the right were from the rose garden when we moved in. The hydrangeas are also from our yard {just not the rose garden}.  The first summer we lived here I went out to the rose garden either in the mornings or right after work. I felt like a competent little gardener with my rose cutting scissors. I took this very seriously.

When we engaged the local rose garden service they indicated that the existing rose plants needed to be replaced {due to age?} So Hubs and I set out replanting the rose garden.  And when I say replanting, I mean we had the rose service plant new plants.

Last summer was the first summer of the Montgomery Roses. Basically, they looked like sticks growing out of the ground.  No blooms. Then when a bloom just about peaked, the next day it was gone.  Why were the rose flowers disappearing? Answer: Deer!  At night the deer came and ate and left us with sticks growing out of the ground. 

Earlier this week a rose bloomed.  Then the next day there were four! Yesterday we went out to cut our flowers.  That way if deer came in the night, we would have already gotten the lovelies. We even had enough blooms that we were able to take a few to my Dad and Mamacita's. 

So, today I'm enjoying my lovely flowers!  
 FLOWERS.  COLOR!  I LIKE FLOWERS AND COLOR.

11 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you stopped by. I'm on my way to the give away now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm stopping in from the blog hop. I'm following bloglovin. I host a weekly link party on Wednesdays and I'd love for you to link up your latest posts. You can find me at www.thenymelrosefamily.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi jenny, I'm so glad you stopped by and told me about your blog party. I am headed to your blog now & will definitely join on Wed. :)

      Delete
  3. Such beautiful roses...I am your newest follower from the networking blog hop! I would love if you would stop by my blog and if you like what you see follow back :)
    Modern Modest Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jenny, Thanks so much for stopping by from the Networking hop. I love that you like the roses. I can't believe we got some this year. So excited. Just stopped by your blog & love it.

      Delete
  4. Oh, what beautiful roses. I miss Picnik too but have switched to iPiccy and like it better. You should try it. I found your blog on the Networking Blog Hop. Happy to be a new (Linky) follower :)

    Shasta @InTheOldRoad
    http://intheoldroad.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the Ipiccy tip. I just looked at it and it looks pretty good. :)

      Delete
  5. Hi Kimberly: I'm a new GF friend from the blog hop. I would love it if you would stop by and be my friend, too.
    I'm Connie at http://hotflashncraftn.blogspot.com/.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks fro stopping by & the follow. I'm totally going to check out your blog tonight. :)

      Delete
  6. Such pretty roses - our haven't bloomed out yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This year is the first year our roses did anything meaningful. I'm quite impressed. I hope yours are beautiful when the bloom. :)

      Delete

I love comments. They make me very happy. Thanks for making me happy today!