Tuesday, August 28, 2012

How was your Weekend?

Can you believe that another weekend is gone? Poof...just gone. But the good news is, next weekend is a 3 Day Weekend! And it's a day just for us worker bees. The story goes that it's a day to celebrate the contribution of the American Worker to the U.S. economy. That's the story according to Wikipedia. It's funny that I had a (most likely incorrect) memory of this holiday being bundled with FDR's holidays to stop the runs on the banks in the depression. But Wikipedia didn't seem to suggest that. But I'm almost sure there IS a holiday that was designed just to be able to close banks "legitimately" to give the consumers time to calm down and leave their money in the bank.

Wikipedia does allude to a more "political" reason for the holiday. Ya know, Congress didn't wake up one day and say to themselves...."You know what the American Workers need? A DAY OFF". Although...in all honesty, it's always what this American worker wants. I love every three day weekend that comes my way!

What will I do with this extra day? Oh, I'll think of something. (Counting Down.)




6 comments:

  1. I love three day weekends! Thank you for sponsoring my blog. I would love to reach out to you to discuss what you get with your sponsorship, but I can't seem to find your email address on your blog. Please email me when you get a chance at melissafaad@gmail.com

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you came by and super excited about sponsoring you. :)

      Delete
  2. All day breakfast? Sign me up!

    I am so excited about this weekend... Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My weekend turned out wonderful. We ended up doing a quick drive through for breakfast. I still have to get to that restaurant. :)

      Delete
  3. Do you live in Chapel Hill? I loved going to Breadmen's when I was in college.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey There, I live in Durham. I can't believe...I still haven't made it to Breadmen's.

      Delete

I love comments. They make me very happy. Thanks for making me happy today!