Saturday, January 23, 2016

The First Snow Day of 2016

Not even a month into the new year and we got a snow day. It seems we get one big snowy or icy storm a year...sometimes two. I'm perfectly happy staying in on those days. I so hate the idea of driving or feeling guilty because I chose NOT to drive...meaning I chose not to go to work.

You remember that one time when our Bank closed at 1:00? But so did the entire city of Raleigh. So everyone was trying to leave at the same time. Not to mention that year the storm came so much faster than anyone could expect. I mean, it was clear at 10:00 a.m. and by 1:00 the roads were COVERED in snow and ICE.  
I use this photo as a cautionary tale to remind me not to try to drive in this weather. Yes, that's my car. See how beautifully I pulled it off the road? That year I didn't make it home. I stayed at a co-worker's house for three days. 

I believed the weather forecast this year. I knew that if there was any ice or snow I would not be going to work, but I was surprised that the Bank was closed. Yay! I could do what I was going to do anyway without any of the guilt! 

Because I'm thinking of snow days, I've reached into my old photos and pulled out two from when we lived in Charlotte. Danielle was in elementary school.

The beautiful poodle in this pic is Simon. He was our standard poodle and he was our heart. An incredible dog. 

Jacob is Simon's mini-me. His personality reminds us of Simon all the time. We can't imagine life without him. 
Here is a photo of Danielle and me playing in the snow. I'm pushing her on our makeshift sled. As long as everyone is safe and has the ability to stay warm and fed, a snow day can be a wonderful thing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. They make me very happy. Thanks for making me happy today!