Thursday, July 19, 2012

Talkin' to my Sis...

Sis & I talked on the phone tonight. That's unusual...neither one of us are really "phone" people. Mostly we talk when we see each other. Phones are for setting up the time and place to hang out. Oh, and texting... phones are for texting.

Sis texted me tonight. But after I asked way too many text questions she called and we talked. Just sister chit chat stuff. But then the conversation turned to something we are both passionate about... Brenda Leigh Johnson! Mostly, Sis and I talked about Brenda Leigh's team. Neither of us knows (I mean really knows) who the leak in Brenda's department is. But we both have our suspicions.     Actually, Sis has a better-formulated hypothesis than I do. I can't actually "name" a leak because I like all of the people on the team. I know that when the "leak" is revealed, it will break my heart. I'm going to be so sad.

So who can it be?

I told Sis I thought I figured it out but it was sort of cheating and did she want me to tell her. Of course, she said yes. --Actually, neither of us have a problem with "cheating". We both openly admit that we (sometimes) read the end of a book.  You know, we read it before we actually get to the end. We don't do it with every single book. Just sometimes, when we aren't sure the book deserves our time...we just jump to the end...just to see if the book actually goes somewhere interesting. Sometimes knowing the end propels us to finish the book...(because we want to know how the characters get there). Sometimes reading the end will confirm: "Yep...this book is cheesy and it doesn't get better".

So, yeah, both Sis & I are okay with spoilers. --I know not everyone feels this way. In fact, Sissy (younger sister, I have two sisters) is completely appalled that either of us would read the end of a book before we "legitimately" reach the end.

Anyway, Sis said: "yeah, tell me who you think..." and I told her. She rejected my hypothesis on the basis that she really likes this character. My cheat...I saw this actor on another show...and thought he can't be on two shows...so he must get written off this one.

Sis told me who she thinks and one of her guesses sounds spot on. But again, sad. So, after hanging up, I tried to find the answer on the internet. I was actually trying to find a spoiler. I spent way too long on this obsession. And did not find a clear answer. I did figure out my original guess was wrong. I wanted to call Sis. But Hubby is in the room and he REALLY hates spoilers. So I can't discuss them in front of him.

So I used my phone for what phones are designed for...I texted.



8 comments:

  1. Love some good sisterly chatting. Unfortunately, I don't do it enough.

    Catherine
    FEST (food, style & travel)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was harder to do for me when we had a 3 hour time difference. Now that we are "right there" it's easier. :)

      Delete
  2. WRONG! WRONG! WRONG!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are too funny. Remember...if it makes me smile....

      Delete
  3. Ok...first of all, hello from the blog hop. New follower. Second, I. LOVE. THE. CLOSER. Like seriously, love. So you looked up who the leak is? The shame. What do you think of the idea for the spin off?...Major Crimes? Are you going to watch it? I'm so disappointed that Brenda Lee will be no more. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you came over. I'm enjoying your blog too. :) Isn't The Closer great? My Hubs and I were waiting each Monday this summer going: "is it tonight?" I'm going to miss Brenda. There is still a chance (small) that I'm wrong about the leak. :) I'm totally going to watch Major Crimes. I think Captain Rayder will be funny in a completely different way.

      Delete
  4. It's so funny that you say that because my mom always gets mad at me for texting her entire conversations. Sometimes I forget that phones are for talking on. Lol! I found you via the July blog hop and would love a visit back at Two In Diapers! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny how we use our technology! I'm glad you came over from the hop. I enjoyed checking out your blog too.

      Delete

I love comments. They make me very happy. Thanks for making me happy today!