Sunday, July 22, 2012

Weekend Fun

Flowers in my kitchen are one of the things I'm really enjoying this year. It does remind me of Seattle...because so many people stopped by the "market" to get flowers. We never got our flowers from the actual market but definitely had flowers on our table quite a bit.

My weekend was fun. It included a fun little visit from my daughter. I don't remember what we talked about...but remember lots of laughter. She makes me uber happy.

Saturday night was a night out with my GURLZ. Again...good time! We had dinner and drinks and LOTS of laughter. You know the kind of laughter I'm talking about!?! For me, it was the kind where I should have broken out my asthma inhaler. Yep, asthma, I have it. I just didn't want to pull out the inhaler in this really nice restaurant (the kind with tablecloths). Nothing says "That's so funny I laughed my butt off" quite like pulling out the asthma inhaler.

So, yeah...lots of laughter. I need to figure out how to spend so much more time with these very special ladies. There are four of us that are local now and have been getting together since I moved back to town. These are friends that I've had since Jr. High School. It's really neat that we still click. Of course, we also have the luxury of "being real" with each other. So, not every moment is funny stories. Some moments are for hearing the stories that challenge us. Sharing moments that made us sad helps the healing. {At least it helps me.}

I hope your weekend was amazing! 

24 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had a great weekend. Nothing better than fresh flowers to brighten up a room!! I'm your newest follower from the blog hop. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right. Flowers are wonderful for making the room look freshly loved.

      Delete
  2. Haha I totally have asthma attacks when I laugh too hard so I know what you mean :) Unfortunately I've had them all weekend from being sick, boo!

    I love living vicariously through everyone else who had fun, though! Thanks for linking up!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just read about your flu and sore throat plus asthma. I feel for you! I hope you felt well when it was time to go sailing.

      Delete
  3. Hey there! I am visiting a little bit late from The Blog Hop but wanted to stop in and say hi! I am your newest follower! I blog over at http://www.garagesalesrus.blogspot.com/ I hope you will stop by and do the same. I have an awesome giveaway going on right now with a Circut Machine! I'd Love it if you would enter! Hope you have a great day!

    Robin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you stopped over. I've enjoyed your blog too. :)

      Delete
  4. Girl's nights are so important! I am jealous - most of my girlfriends all live out of state :( I am excited to follow your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm lucky because I recently moved back to my "home town". This makes girl's nights possible. Before, I was on the West Coast & they were on the East. All we had was FB to keep us connected. :)

      Delete
  5. I just found your blog via the Weekend Update! I'm your newest follower. Great blog :)

    The Pretty Pinhead

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw sounds like you had a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe it was a week ago already. Time flies..

      Delete
  7. I love having fresh flowers in our house - I try to always get them from our yard so I don't have to actually buy them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so nice when you get get the flowers from your own yard. It makes it even more special.

      Delete
  8. It sounds like you had a wonderful time. I love fresh flowers! Thank you so much for sharing this with Marvelous Mondays!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoy your blog hop and love seeing what everyone else posts as well. :)

      Delete
  9. Hi, coming over from thee monthly networking blog hop. Love flowers and love my girls' nights out too!! Am now a follower. Please do visit my blog when you get a chance!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi There. Glad you came over. Just visited your blog and loved it. :)

      Delete
  10. Nothing better than fresh flowers and girl time! Hopping over from the link up! Happy to be following. Such a fun blog, lady!
    Shanna
    Giveaway @ Because Shanna Said So

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you came by. I checked out your blog and I love it. :)

      Delete
  11. Cute blog! Stopping by to thank you for joining in with us on the Bloglovin' Blog Hop

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you came by. I'm liking your blog too.

      Delete
  12. Sounds like you had a fab weekend.

    I am your newest GFC follower from Live Laugh Rowe blog hop. If you have a moment and would like to, you can visit me here The Things We Find Inside

    Thanks,
    Tami

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you came over! Thx for the follow. I checked out your blog & I'm loving it.

      Delete

I love comments. They make me very happy. Thanks for making me happy today!