Sunday, July 29, 2012

Permission to Rest

I haven't written a blog post in a week!  How is that possible? But I've been thinking about my blog every day. Thinking I can't wait to get back to my keyboard. I want to write something...it's been too long...But, after work functions and the need for sleep overruled my desire.

I had to give myself permission to rest. My doctor(s) give me a very hard time about my sleep habits. They tell me that my sleep habits MAY be contributing to my {very minor} health issues. I am "healthy", don't get me wrong. I have great blood pressure, my cholesterol numbers were as good as ever, etc. Only real health complaints are Asthma (we are getting this better controlled) and fatigue. Oh, and weight.

I just hate always thinking about weight. I had been a Jenny member for two years (or longer). I lost weight and plateaued. But (same old story) as soon as I decided to eat "real" food, my weight crept back up.
This could very well be because my definition of "real" food isn't a nutritionist's definition of real food.

I did do something that has helped me feel good about myself. I broke down and bought new clothes. Yes, they are a size larger than what I had been...in fact my body returned to a previous size. But the clothes are flattering. The dress I'm wearing above and to the right is one of my favorite new pieces.

I purchased a few things that I need to take back. They didn't fit the "perfect" bill. I've been meaning to get back to the store with these pieces for over a week. Somehow the idea of taking back is not as appealing as bringing home.

10 comments:

  1. I think you look great - I love those shoes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You made my day. :) Those are great shoes. I just love them.

      Delete
  2. Oh girl, you look just fiiine! New to your blog!

    Stop by and say hi sometime!
    www.dysfunctionaleverafter.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm so grateful for the positive feedback. :)

      Delete
  3. Love your new dress, very cute! New Follower!
    Alisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you stopped by. It is a killer dress. I feel pretty immediately when I put it on. :)

      Delete
  4. That dress is so cute!! It looks lovely against your blond hair. I think we all deserve new clothes once in a while. Nothing can make you feel better than a great new dress or sweater or pants that make you feel comfortable and confident.

    Enjoy the rest of your summer :)

    www.crystalgoestoeurope.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I didn't realize how much I would enjoy a few new things. :)

      Delete
  5. Um, pretty sure you look amazing! You have killer legs! I'd love to have legs like yours!

    And really, what is size anyway? My size is all over the place - and that's all within one store!

    x Jasmine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love you right now!! Seriously! thanks for the leg compliment.

      Delete

I love comments. They make me very happy. Thanks for making me happy today!