Wednesday, January 2, 2013

New Beginnings

I feel like I have so much to talk about that I don't know where to begin. Some people {most?} would simply say: "Start at the beginning." But, I'm never able to figure out what event was actually the beginning of the story I'm about to tell. Actually, in this case, this story IS the beginning.

I'm so excited about things that are happening for me. Several things are new and fresh. You may remember that I mentioned I was working some things out. Well, things are working out in beautiful ways.

Today, {1/2/13}, I begin a new job. I'm writing this before I actually arrive at my new employer's office to begin my first day. Just telling you about it here gives me huge butterflies. {Butterflies in a good way!} I'm super excited about this opportunity. I decided to wait until everything was firmed up before "going public" with my change.

I've shared before that my "profession" is banking. I rarely talk about real work because who would think banking is interesting? --Other bankers...that's who. But my blog is really not where I want to focus on my day job. Instead, it's where I want to explore other aspects of my life that make me interesting. 

All of that said, the fact is work/job/employment often takes up a huge amount of my waking hours and takes up a huge number of brain cells. So, it is a huge part of my life...and one that I wanted to share with you here.

I absolutely loved working at my prior job. I had a seriously cool boss. She is smart, fun and a great advocate. She is a huge part of what makes the entire team such a fun group of people. 

The fact that I enjoyed my job {and was good at it...really, really good at it} and that I enjoyed my team members, as well as my boss, made the decision to make a change a difficult one.

But, the new position has the opportunity for me to get back to a part of banking that I truly love. And, the person I will be working for will be an amazing mentor. I'm looking forward to the type of work I will be doing. 

So, last week I said "Goodbye" to people and a job that I enjoyed and where I felt at home. Today, I will be saying "Hello" to people I do not know {yet}. I will be saying "Hello" to a company I have not gotten to know yet and a role that is new to me. All of this is wonderfully exciting {and just a teeny bit scary.}

Wish me well.

UPDATE:  It was a GREAT day.

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations!! That's wonderful news!! And, have a wonderful year ahead!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow just catching up on some blogs and I must say I'm thrilled for you! You followed your passion and found an awesome new job! Good luck and can't wait to hear more!

    Bonne Année from the Alps :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I"m so glad you stopped by and wished me luck. :)

      Delete

I love comments. They make me very happy. Thanks for making me happy today!