Friday, February 1, 2013

Happy Friday

Happy Friday. I went dark on ya didn't I? I only got posts up 3X this week. It was a personal goal of mine to post each day during the week. Oh well....that didn't happen this week.  So, we'll see how next week goes.


I'm getting excited about the SUPER BOWL. I'm really torn about who to pull for. I think it'll be a great game. Sunday plans are: watch football and eat chips and dip.


I don't know if I've clearly said I'm an NFL fan to the max. Love, love, love some Sunday football. I don't watch it as much as I did when we lived in Seattle. Living in Seattle was PERFECT for football watching. The first reason is that everyone truly loves the Seahawks. There is a real sense of camaraderie around our team. All of my friends were absolutely watching the Seahawks games. One of my girlfriends used to text me photos of her and her daughters during the games. They dressed up in the Seahawk jerseys to help the team have good luck.


Another thing that made football watching so perfect is the fact that because it's on Pacific Time, football starts at 10:00 a.m. I could get up, have a leisurely breakfast and then veg out to football for the day. And winter months in Seattle are gray and cloudy and makes for a cozy day for football.



Now that I'm in NC I have trouble allowing myself to stay inside (even for football). Unlike Seattle, our days here are usually quite sunny well into December. 



Back to my initial point about being an NFL geek. Each morning on my drive to work I listen to ESPN radio. Today Frank Caliendo was on doing impressions of John Madden (and others). Laugh out loud funny. Here's the link if you want to take a listen.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. They make me very happy. Thanks for making me happy today!