Wednesday, January 1, 2014

The NEW YEAR Post


Happy New Year! And Happy Blogiversary to me. So, I'm happy to say that I have a Bogiversary this year. You may remember that I shut the blog down for a while in May. I think that was a good thing for me to do at the time. You may know that I have struggled with extreme fatigue and it was beginning to be debilitating. I found that I really had to rest in all my spare time and there was nothing interesting to say. Plus I barely had the energy to read, much less write. 


The most important thing was to figure out why I was so fatigued with no relief. I talked about my health hurdles in Looking Back to Move ForwardIn May I had a Sleep Apnea test. Both my doctor and I were surprised that I do not have this. We were still looking for what we hoped would be "THE" cause/source of my fatigue. Instead, we were able to eliminate a possible cause (which was a sort of progress).

Long story short, I worked with all of my medical professionals in 2013 to get this figured out. Turns out it wasn't a single thing but several things together. We addressed the Vitamin B12 and Vitamin D deficiency with serious supplements (including B12 shots). Once the vitamin levels were up to normal I was better...but not "normal". But the good news is we got my asthma under control.

During my GYN visit, I asked her to test my hormone levels...on the "off chance" that this may be a contributing factor. I'm so glad I thought to ask about this. Turns out that these levels were surprisingly low. I'm so happy to report that with increased supplements I'm feeling so much better!

A few more discoveries were made in 2013...but I will share them another time. The good news is I feel I've had a breakthrough (or two) and will be able to have a fun 2014.

Below are two posts that set the tone for 2013 which was a good year.

New Beginnings and Getting My Zen On.

Hope your New Year is happy and healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. They make me very happy. Thanks for making me happy today!