Tuesday, May 26, 2015

A Weekend In Asheville


Unbelievably, I just got back from another excursion. This one was a quiet three-day weekend in the mountains of Asheville. The NC mountains are one of our favorite places. We like to visit the area for the mix of amazing mountain views and the wonderful artistic and eclectic atmosphere. 

Since we've been back to NC, we really haven't been to Asheville. Instead, we've spent more time in Brevard which is a smaller town that borders on the Pisgah National Forest. 

A few weeks ago we got an email from Sis-In-Law (Hubby's side) saying they were planning a trip down to the Asheville area for Memorial Day weekend.  We haven't had a chance for a relaxing visit since Christmas before last. Jordan and I jumped at the chance to hang out with them in the Blue Ridge Mountain city. 

I hurried to find lodging because I know that the area is a big vacation spot and I thought it may be hard to find a room for the 3 Day weekend that kicks off summer. The rooms that were still available had increased their prices for the holiday...and I just did not want to spend too much $ on a room that we would not be spending much time in. So I began to research Airbnb. I would never have thought of Airbnb (or really known about it) if I hadn't read about it in a blog. I found the cutest place to stay, called the Charming Artist's Bungalow. 


I couldn't resist taking a few pics of the beautiful place. As you can see from the pics, the home is delightfully decorated with original art by the Host. She truly is an artist. The decor was a wonderful mix of luxurious furnishings such as crystal chandeliers and elegant lamps. The warm hardwood floors with oriental rugs give the place an inviting cozy cottage feel. There is art beautifully and eclectically hung on the walls. The large oil paintings (most are modern works) are striking. Honestly, the Bungalow really added to the overall specialness of the weekend. 

Until next time!