Sunday, January 18, 2015

What's the Word, Hummingbird?

Brings Me Joy
I've read some of my favorite blogs talking about New Year's Words and Resolutions. And I actually planned on writing a Resolutions post myself.  But as you can see, I haven't.

Some of the posts I've read have seriously inspired me to think about my own approach to goals. I want to be able to refer back to these posts so I thought I'd share them with you too.

Diane @ Sweet Catastrophe shared her goals. I liked that she decided to go with goals instead of resolutions. And, she listed four goals. That certainly seems manageable. 

Kenzie @ Chasing My Extraordinary shared Ten Reasons New Year's Resolutions Fail. Reasons that we set ourselves up to fail. The reasons that resonated with me are: 
  • Too Many
  • Too Vague
  • Inflexible
Shannyn of Frugal Beautiful wrote a good 2015 Goals post. Shannyn has an incredible amount of discipline and resourcefulness. I have no doubt she can accomplish her goals. Her New Year's celebration has inspired me to think about things differently. I just love, love, love how she chose to spend her New Year's Eve. It was festive and new. 

Kim @ Stuffed Suitcase posted a really inspiring post called "Be a Runner".  She says: "Don't worry about your time--just run! She also said, "Whether it is a 14-minute mile or a 7-minute mile it is still a mile." I love this perspective. 

Betsy @ BetsyTransatlantically really inspired me with how she thinks of the "Word for the Year" and I've been thinking about coming up from my word ever since. I actually had my word a while ago. My word:
RELAX
Remember when Aaron Rodgers spelled this out for Green Bay fans? I absolutely loved his swagger and his confidence when he did this. 
"Five letters here just for everybody out there in Packer-land: R-E-L-A-X.  Relax. We're going to be OK."

{Like I said, I actually chose this word a few weeks ago...before we even knew Green Bay was going to play Seattle to go to the Super Bowl. You know I'm a diehard Seahawks fan...but I like Green Bay too. I liked them when Favre was there and I've been amazed at how seamlessly Rodgers stepped into the role.}

I should do a word cloud like Betsy did. I'm still thinking about why I chose the word. I plan to explore this a little more.

So, I'm sort of taking advice from all of these lovely bloggers. I think I'll go with "goals" rather than resolutions.  So here goes (don't know why I'm so nervous):

* Own a workout habit. 

* Consistently get 8 hours sleep...more if needed.

* Find JOY in little things. Everyday.

6 comments:

  1. love your word! we could all use a little more of that :)

    and I feel like your three goals totally build off each other. when one is working, it'll make it easier for the other two to work - and I bet that when they all work, they'll feel so much more powerful together than any one would on its own!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting. I'm still pondering all of the things my word means to me. :) I like your you mentioned that the three goals build off each other. It's funny that I didn't really think of that when I was making them. But I think you are so right. The workout/exercise and 8 hours sleep do connect and feed off each other. And the rested energy I get from them helps me see the joyful things. :)

      Delete
  2. Good for you! Your goals are positive and healthy exactly what they should be! Best of luck with them. I'm happy my post helped!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I think they are good goals for me. I like that I didn't put too many parameters what defines success for these goals. I was quite vague about the exercise, but I sort of think the vagueness has been empowering. :)

      Delete
  3. Relax sounds like such an amazing word right now. I could definitely use more relaxation in my life! Thank you so much for featuring my post! I will definitely be checking the others out :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I realize I often tense...and maybe a little anxious. I am kind of using this word as a sort of mantra to keep me in the moment. :)

      Delete

I love comments. They make me very happy. Thanks for making me happy today!