Wednesday, May 2, 2012

I'm Not a Morning Person

Notice anything different in this pic? Other than the really poor quality photo {iPhone camera}. My lip is purple and swollen. Yeah, it's undeniable. I have a fat lip.

Here is what happened. This morning, before my alarm went off, I woke up to my dog wheezing.  {This cute dog here}  Anyway, Jacob was wheezing and coughing and sounded like a cat dealing with a hairball.  Hairballs, wheezing and coughing never ends well.



My auto-response was "Oh,*@!* NO!"  I was not about to have to deal with the results of doggie hairball in my bedroom.  If a hairball is going to occur, it needs to occur in the bathroom. {Everyone knows that.}

So, I jumped out of bed, grabbed the dog and proceeded to run to the bathroom.

Did I tell you that I was wearing socks? Yes, sleepy me running into bathroom {dog in hand} and when my socked feet hit the vinyl floor my body was on a forward trajectory as I was also falling to the ground. Basically, once I fell, my body was still moving forward like a torpedo!  The only thing that stopped this human missile from sliding was ...the bathroom cabinet. Yes, my head crashed into the cabinet. I hit my head (and still have a headache) and bit my lip.

Hubby was awakened by the sound of my fall. Here is what he heard:  "Bum...bum bum. Head
hitting hard surface".  "Ow".

Poor dog was traumatized, though NOT hurt.  His wheezing was scared out of him and he insisted that he was completely fine.

Lessons?  Wake Hubby any time dog coughs during the night.  I am not qualified to handle this.

6 comments:

  1. That sucks! I had something similar happen to me and a baby gate recently. Luckily there was no visible damage!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow I hate that you got hurt too. I gotta tell you, I was just so surprised! I'm on the mend now.

      Delete
  2. ahhhhh .... ouch!!! Your dog is so cute though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, Owey! But you're right...he is a good dog.

      Delete
  3. ok, the lip thing is no good. but you definitely taught me a valuable lesson and i will be sure to wake up my husband if this happens to my lab. thanks for the warning. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And my hubby says there's another lesson: No running in the house (!).

      Delete

I love comments. They make me very happy. Thanks for making me happy today!