Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Ranger Raccoon

So, my steadfast Hubby continued the vigil to "catch" Ranger in the act and take photos.  I wanted to tease Hubs to ask if we were going to share the pics with authorities...a "beware this thief is on the lose" type public service announcement.  But, we've come to think of Ranger in a friendly manner.  We do take the fact that he is a wild animal seriously.  We make sure that we give him ample "warning" before we go outside...you know...tapping on the window, saying things like "I'm getting ready to go outside"....saying this pretty loud so that even the neighbor's dog can hear us.  --We don't want to be in the yard at the same time that Ranger is there. And I definitely don't want my dog out there when Ranger is there either.

My dog is so extroverted that there is a chance that he would think this masked man/animal was a new playmate. That would not be good.
But, for now, "It is what it is", which means some kind of cool photo opportunities.

All Ranger photos are by the Hubster. I am using them here with his permission.  I found this "poster" app on Lunapic and just couldn't resist making a poster...you know like those cheesy inspirational {though cheesy} Motivational Posters.   As I said, I just couldn't help myself.


8 comments:

  1. What a cutie! I love raccoons, even if they scare me. I used to see them all the time in Canada, and usually going through my parents' garbage bins. One time I got home late from work and stayed in my car for over an hour because I was too afraid to get out and have to walk past the raccoon on my way to the front door!

    And I love the motivational poster idea! Might have to make one myself soon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to agree he is cute. I think I have a healthy fear. But Hubby & I have really found it fascinating to watch him. We are amazed how he uses his hands. And it looks like he is figuring out a puzzle when he climbs up. It's sort of like being at the zoo.

      Delete
  2. He (she?) is SO cute! We don't have raccoons in Australia and while I know he's a bit of a pest to you, I still love him!

    x Jasmine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that you love him. My hubby and I are quite fascinated by him. Don't know why we assume he's a "he".

      Delete
  3. I know raccoons are huge pests but they are so cute to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are cute. I'm lucky that he's only eating bird food. That's not too bad.

      Delete

I love comments. They make me very happy. Thanks for making me happy today!