Saturday, May 26, 2012

My Birthday Week

Guess where I was last week.  Before I break the suspense and tell you...did I mention that it was my birthday?  Yep.  My birthday was celebrated in VEGAS!

I gotta tell you last week's party week was just perfect. We stayed in the Bellagio and the photo above was taken from our window.  How cool was that?  We got to see the wonderful water and light show from our window every night.

The Hubster's siblings have a tradition of getting together for a few days to celebrate "big" birthdays. This was my year. Hub's sister was able to come for the celebration too.  Hub's brother and our sis in law couldn't come this time.  I know they are disappointed...I know this because they said, "I'm disappointed". {Smile} But the good news is that this means we will get to celebrate together a second time.  So, I get two birthday parties {so to speak}.

On our first Vegas day, we visited the Bellagio Gallery of Fine Art.  The current show is featuring Monet along with his contemporaries.  The works are on loan to the Bellagio from the Museum of Fine Arts in Boston.

I felt doubly lucky that we were in the museum when the docent-led presentation.

My SIL and I spent the second day in a CABANA!! {Complete with snacks, beverages and a Cabana Person}  This was my idea of complete indulgence. I wanted to spend some time outside but couldn't fathom being in the sun with only sunscreen and a hat keeping me from burning.

The morning was spent lounging under the canopy of the cabana.  I sank into the chaise and was so relaxed that my body melted into the cushions.  Pure heaven.

We also enjoyed the pool, which cooled us off nicely.  It was a perfect day.  The entire week felt like everything a vacation should be. Both fun and relaxing.

We carved out "me" time for sipping tea and reading my book.  It has been forever since I indulged in a book.

What am I reading?  The new Anna Quindlen book.  I haven't finished reading it yet.  I was so relaxed naps were interspersed between chapters.

And now, we get to celebrate a wonderful Three Day weekend.  Hope you have a good one!!

Cheers,
~Kimberly

8 comments:

  1. Happy birthday! Sounds like a fabulous time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! And thanks for stopping by and for your lovely comment!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Natalie, thanks for the birthday wish. :) And, you are welcome. :) I love checking out your blog.

      Delete
  3. Happy Belated Birthday! I love Vegas and have always wanted to stay at Bellagio!!!! Looks like you had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have to go to Vegas! I've only been 3 X. My first visit was 5 years ago. It is like Disney Land for grown ups. :) And, I can totally see you enjoying a cabana. :) (With a cabana boy.) I had a great time.

      Delete
  4. Hey Mom, I'm still bummed I couldnt come on this trip but it looked like you guys had a great time! I really wish I had my own personal cabana and pool... one day. But I gotta say, you should have read the Chelsea Handler book I got you for your bday instead! Well, I guess I can borrow it until you are ready to read it... LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cabana was cool. But wouldn't have been nearly as cool without the guy that came by with a tray of fresh cut fruit and all the drinks you could want (non alcoholic). You could order alcohol and he would bring it out to you. It was a pretty mellow trip. :)

      Delete

I love comments. They make me very happy. Thanks for making me happy today!